Zucchini Lasagna - No Pasta Noodles
- 2 large organic zucchini - sliced thinly
- 1 lb organic chicken sausage (or meat of your choice)
- 1/2 organic yellow bell pepper - diced
- 1/2 organic red bell pepper - diced
- 1 onion - diced
- 1 Tbs avocado oil
- 1 jar organic pasta sauce
- 1 Tbs dried oregano
- 1 egg
- 1 15 oz organic cottage cheese
- 1 cup organic frozen spinach - defrosted
- 1 cup shredded organic carrots
- 16 oz organic mozzarella cheese
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Brown meat of your choices in a skillet and set aside.
- Dice onion and bell peppers, saute in 1 tbs. avocado oil over medium heat until soft.
- Remove ends of zucchini and thinly slice (approx. width of lasagna noodles).
- In a bowl beat egg until combined, mix in cottage cheese and 1 Tbs of oregano, blend until thoroughly combined.
- In a 9" x 13" glass/ceramic casserole dish pour in enough pasta sauce to cover bottom.
- Layer: meat, zucchini, carrots, spinach, bell peppers and onions (divide meat and veggies to make two layers - then add a cheese layer (divide cheese to make three layers)
- Add a layer of pasta sauce, then pour entire content of cottage cheese mixture and spread out over pan.
- Repeat layering meat, veggies and cheese
- Use remaining pasta sauce and top with cheese.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until veggies are soft and sauce is bubbly, cheese may be slightly browned.