Thyme Lemon Rub
Great for Basting Turkey or Chicken
- Zest of large lemon
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup butter, room temp.
- 2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Tbs. paprika (I prefer smoked)
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Blend lemon zest and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add butter, mustard, lemon juice, scallions, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper, and process until smooth.
- The butter can be made 2 days ahead. Bring to room temperature before using.
- Spread Lemon Thyme rub over turkey skin and repeat 3 to 4 times while turkey is roasting.