Serving Size: Approx. 24
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed gelatin (Great Lakes Brand)
- 1/3 cup lemon/lime juice
- 3 tablespoons raw honey (where to buy raw honey)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract OR a few drops of food grade lemon/orange oil. Makes the flavor much better/stronger.
- Optional – Non-toxic, vegetable-based food coloring (India Tree Brand)
- Ice cube tray or Silicone Candy molds (Amazon or Walmart)
- whisk or spoon
- measuring cup
- measuring spoons
- Whisk lemon/lime juice, honey and gelatin in a sauce pan until there are no lumps.
- Heat over low heat until it’s nice and melty, stirring constantly.
- Add food coloring and/or extract if desired – you’re almost done now!
- Grab an ice cube tray or silicone mold. You can use a basic pan, too, and then just cut into squares or use a cookie cutter after it is set.
- Pour in the mixture, then pop in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to firm up. Once they’re out of the freezer they will stay firm at room temperature.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.