Peanut Butter Banana Cups
Serving Size: Approx. 8
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I prefer Enjoy Life brand)
- 1/4 cup organic peanut butter or any nut/seed butter of your choice
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1 Tbs. coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Prepare small candy mold with paper cups or use a silicone candy mold.
- Slowly melt chocolate in a double boiler or a sauce pan with a small amount of water, and the chocolate in a glass bowl, seated in the water. Use low heat, and stir until melted.
- Place a small dollop of melted chocolate in the bottom of the molds.
- Spread chocolate up the sides and in all the nooks and crannies of the mold or papers, make sure to leave some chocolate on the bottom.
- Put into the freezer until hard, approximately 10 minutes.
- While the chocolate is setting, put the remaining ingredients (peanut butter, banana, sugar and salt) in a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth.
- Remove mold from freezer, and add a small amount of the peanut butter mixture to each mold. I used a baster for this, it was a bit tricky to fill the baster, but it made filling the molds very easy and less messy. You can use whatever method makes the most sense to you. Make sure to leave room at the top to be able to cover with chocolate. Flatten out the mixture a bit and place back in the freezer, for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and add final chocolate layer, smooth out with a knife or the back of a spoon. You can even make a swirl on top if you like.
- Place back in the freezer for a few minutes, until firm. Then you can remove from molds or papers.
- These are best stored in the refrigerator or freezer.