Hidden Veggie Muffins
Serving Size: Approx. 12 - 18
- Coconut oil for greasing
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
- 3/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tin with cups or grease with coconut oil.
- Place dates in bowl of warm water for 10 mins to soften.
- Place dates, egg, and applesauce in a food processor and process till smooth. Or use hand emersion blender.
- Add almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and process again.
- Place shredded zucchini and carrots on towel and wring out excess moisture, then fold into batter.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake for 25-30 mins. Cool in tin for 10 mins, then on wire rack completely.