Green Beans with Sage Butter
Serving Size: 4
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 8 Tbs. butter
- In a large sauté pan, melt 8 tablespoons of butter. Add the sage to the butter and continue to cook until the butter starts to brown. Remove from the heat. Remove Sage before using butter.
- Clean green beans and steam until slightly tender when pierced with a knife.
- Use 3 to 4 Tbs. of sage butter to coat beans, salt and pepper to taste. Add almonds on top.
- The remaining butter can be used in stuffing recipe, poured over the cauli mashers or however you like. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.