- 1 8x8 pan prepared gluten free cornbread (cut into small cubes)
- 8 slices of gluten free sour dough bread (cut into small cubes)
- 1 pound ground pork or turkey sausage (sage seasoned is the best)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 Tbs butter - a bit extra to coat baking dish
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning, plus 1 tsp. of sage
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups chicken or bone broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cornbread according to package directions, one day before making stuffing.
- After cornbread is cooled, crumble cornbread and 8 slices of gluten free bread into pea-sized crumbs and store over night in oven or some dry place, allowing to dry out a bit.
- Place sausage in a skillet and cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown; drain.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and celery and cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add poultry seasoning, sausage and mix well.
- In a large bowl combine bread crumbs, sausage mixture and enough chicken broth to moisten bread crumbs, until very moist/soupy but not with standing liquid.
- Coat 9x13 glass dish with butter, pour stuffing mixture into dish.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes, then remove cover and cook 15 minutes longer.