Coconut Crusted Chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup (or less) coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- A splash of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup (more or less) shredded coconut-finely shredded
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- If you are using chicken breasts instead of tenders, then use a heavy object, like a rolling pin, hammer the chicken breasts so that they flatten to an even thickness. Cut the chicken into long strips that are about 3/4″ to 1″ in width.
- You will need three bowls; one for the coconut flour, one for the coconut milk and egg mixture (just beat the eggs and milk together) and one for the shredded coconut.
- Coat each chicken strip in the coconut flour, then dunk in the egg and coconut milk mixture and finally coat in the shredded coconut. When finished, place the chicken strips on a large baking sheet, leaving some space between each strip. Place them on a rack and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until the chicken has completely cooked through. If you would like to sauté them in avocado oil, this is also an option.