Super Soft Choco Coco Cookies
Makes Approx. 16 Cookies
***This recipe requires refrigeration of dough before cooking - allow 4 to 6 hours.
- 1/2 cup palm shortening at room temperature
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp gluten free baking mix (flour)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Optional bu Super Good - 1/2 unsweetened shredded coconut
- Using a mixer, cream shortening and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat again until well combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Add gluten free baking mix in two batches and mix again.
- Stir in chocolate chips and coconut if you are adding. Then cover bowl and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4-6 hours until thoroughly chilled.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C).
- Once chilled, scoop out rounded Tablespoon amounts of dough, roll them into balls or use a cookie scoop. Place them 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are just slightly golden brown. Turning pan half way through cooking time. Remove from oven and let rest on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to several days or in refrigerator. Freezer for longer term storage.