Chinese Cauliflower Fried Rice
Serving SIze: 2 to 4
- 1 head of cauliflower - or 1 package of pre-chopped cauliflower
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup frozen carrots and peas mix
- 1 Tablespoon tamari soy sauce (gluten and grain-free) (coconut aminos for whole food 30)
- 1 Teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- ½ Tablespoon fresh chopped mint - optional
- 1 sliced green onion
- avocado or coconut oil to cook with
- salt to taste
- Cut up the cauliflower into small florets so that they'll fit into a food processor.
- Food process the cauliflower until it forms very small "rice"-like pieces or you can use a grater
- In a sauce pan, cook the package of carrots and peas in boiling water for 5-10 minutes; cooked but still firm, drain and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil into a large pan, heat on medium. Add the eggs, let them spread out thin. When they seem firm, flip and cook on other side. Remove eggs from pan, set aside and slice them in small squares or strips.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the same pan, add in the cauliflower and let it cook on a medium heat. Stir regularly to make sure it doesn't burn!
- When cauliflower is starting to soften, 3 to 4 minutes, reduce heat to low, add eggs, carrots and peas back to pan, stirring them together. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until everything is soft, but not mushy.
- Add tamari soy sauce, ginger and salt to taste.
- Turn heat off and mix in cilantro, basil, mint and green onion. Serve and Enjoy