Brownies a la Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 12 - 15
- 2 large sweet potatoes - cooked and mashed
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup blood orange olive oil or coconut oil
- 2/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 6 Tbs. coconut flour
- 6 Tbs raw organic cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbs. brewed coffee
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, use a fork to puncture holes in the sweet potatoes, bake in oven 25-30 minutes.
- When sweet potato is soft and cooked through, peel off the skin and mash it up in a bowl, I like to use a mixer to get them nice and smooth. (If you are using coconut oil, no need to melt, just add while you mash the warm potatoes. You are welcome :-)
- Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees
- Add eggs, oil, honey, coffee (if you choose to use) and vanilla to the bowl of sweet potatoes and blend with mixer.
- Add coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix well.
- If you are adding the chocolate chips, you may add them now using a spoon or the mixer on low.
- Pour into an 9x13 glass dish.
- Bake for 25 -30 minutes, until center come out clean on a toothpick.
- Let cool a bit before cutting. If you prefer them firmer, this will happen when refrigerated.