- 4 quarts filtered water
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs of bones (I prefer chicken or turkey)
- 2 Tbs. organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tsp. unrefined sea salt
- 1 head of garlic, peeled and smashed
- Place all ingredients in a slow-cooker and set heat to high. Bring the stock to a boil, then reduce the heat setting to low. Allow the stock to cook for a minimum of 8 hours and up to 24 hours. The longer it cooks, the better.
- Turn off the crockpot and allow the stock to cool. Strain the stock through a fine mesh metal strainer or cheese cloth. Place the cooled stock into glass jars for storage in the refrigerator for a few days or the freezer for later use.
- Before using the stock, chip away at the top and discard any fat that has solidified. You can drink the broth or use it as a base for soups, stews, or any recipe that calls for soup stock.