without added Pectin
Serving SIze: 1 8oz jar
- 3 cups blueberries (frozen and thawed or fresh)
- 1/3 to 3/4 cup honey (you can use more or less depending on how tart your berries are)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Place the blueberries in a medium sized sauce pan and crush them with the back of a fork or using a potato masher.
- Add the honey, lemon juice, and lemon zest, then bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir frequently while the mixture boils for 15-20 minutes and it starts to thicken. The best way to test if it’s done is to put a spoonful in the freezer for 5 minutes. If it won’t easily pour off of the spoon when you remove it from the freezer, then it’s done.
- Skim off any foam, then ladle the jam into a sterilized jar.
- Store tightly covered in the fridge for a couple of weeks or you can use canning methods (see here) to store in a pantry for longer storage.